Sunday, June 14, 2009

simple

I find it funny that I used to hate Sundays as much as I did. I suppose I can blame it on my job and the fact that every Sunday automatically meant a return to the office the following day. I love them now and I find that most of my quiet time each week takes place on a Sunday. I spent the day around the house today, cleaning up, playing around in the garden, running around with the dog and her new basketball, making more ice cream (blueberry this time). A quiet day...calm, peaceful and reflective. And I scored some amazing macro shots of a yellow jacket eating the head of a praying mantis. Yes, you read that right. I'll post them tomorrow after I've cropped them down a bit. Pretty crazy stuff! Hope you found a little peace in your weekend.

More photos here.

2 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

Fab photo's Kate!

Good Girls Studio said...

I used to hate Sundays too, but that was back in the retail hell days when I had to work every other Sunday! Sounds like you've learned to enjoy them :)