Tuesday, July 14, 2009

spoiled brat

That's me I'm referring to. I'm totally spoiled, especially by my husband, and I'm still trying to figure out how I can possibly deserve such an amazing, loving, sweet man by my side. Not only did he clean my entire house on Saturday while I was at work, but he stopped off at a local yard sale and bought a gorgeous antique covered cut glass cake stand for me. We drove by it on our way to the farmers' market and he heard me squeal with delight when I saw it sitting on top of a very cluttered table. I've always wanted one just like it. The new stands are super expensive and just seem to lack the charm that comes naturally to the antique varieties. I have a ceramic stand already, but there's nothing quite like the sight of the delicious cake you slaved over all day sitting pretty atop a glass stand and underneath a sparkling cover. Move over Martha Stewart! Heh.

So, yes, he cleaned my house, he bought me my dream cake stand (pictures soon), took me shopping for new shirts, AND he bought me the sweetest vintage armchair at the local thrift store. This little gal needs a post of her own, and I'll get to that as soon as I can get my hands on my camera. Since getting her home I've nicknamed her Matilda, and she's not only super comfy, but adorable too! Just ask the cat...she's been camped out on the back of the chair since it came through the door. Wait till you see!

I'm a lucky girl to be with such an amazing man. He loves me unconditionally, treats me far better than I've ever been treated before, puts up with my crap (and trust me, there's plenty), dotes on me far more than I deserve, he's completely adorable AND he's willing to humor Lola by wearing her cake-coated birthday crown!

Wonder what I could have done to find such a catch...

4 comments:

Kim said...

ohh, i want to see the chair!

Good Girls Studio said...

lucky girl! Does he have a brother!?! (kidding) (sort of ) :)

Ben said...

Actually, I have 6 brothers.. All but 1 of them are married. The one that isn't is not able to fathom the life-long responsibility that is marriage. Sorry, Sam. But he REALLY likes alcohol-gasoline-powered things that he cannot afford.

kadler said...

Wow, he's a keeper :)

I can barely get my guy to put his dirty clothes in the hamper!