Monday, February 2, 2009

bad blogger

I've been a very naughty blogger lately, I know. But honestly, I haven't had much to say and I haven't been up to much so I thought I'd spare you from the boring and mundane.

After Troy Night Out on Friday night, I settled into slowpoke mode and didn't do much of anything. We're not Superbowl people at all (only boxing and hockey allowed in our house!), so instead we decided to mingle with the other anti-football people and headed to the movies. I was surprised at how busy the theater was considering how popular the Superbowl is, but hey, we can't all be fans of the sport, right? Ben and I saw The Wrestler, which was good, but I didn't think it was anything spectacular. Aronofsky directed The Fountain, one of my top three favorite movies of all time, so I figured he couldn't go wrong here. Major props to Mickey Rourke for pulling it together after all these years...he did a fantastic job. But dude, what did he do to his face? People in this country really have to lay off the Botox and plastic surgery, but I'll save that rant for another post. Anyway, yes, the movie was decent. Certainly not my favorite, but okay. I loved the way it ended which is totally rare for me. I'm a huge movie buff, but most movies leave me disappointed with their endings.

I spent Monday bumming around the house for the most part. I woke up to a dead torso after enduring 65 pounds of Labrador/Pitt Bull slammed against it all night. The dog and I mozied our way out to the living room, while motivation kept right on going out the door. We spent the morning on the couch watching Funny Games, a movie that I particularly enjoyed, mostly because it freaked me the "F" out. Horror movies don't scare me, if only because they're comprised of make-believe and things that just don't happen in real life. Movies like Funny Games, or others like it, well, they scare me. These things can and do actually happen in the real world. Anyway, from what I've read, people either totally loved or completely despised this movie. I can see why. I'm on the "love" side of the spectrum, but I almost wish I had watched the original, 1997 Austrian release of the movie first. Apparently the folks who created the remake kept the original dialogue and recreated the entire set, but they switched it up by adding Tim Roth and Michael Pitt (two of my favorites), and Naomi Watts (who strips down to her skivvies, for all you boys). It was funny, it was disturbing, it was somewhat gory, and gosh darn it, I loved it.

Here's the trailer:



And go here for one of my favorite scenes from the movie.

Sooooo, that's the excitement here. See why I haven't updated the blog lately? Not a whole lot of fun going on. I'm still making bags and jewelry, and sold 3 bags, 2 bracelets, and 12 pair of earrings at TNO. That's enough motivation for me to keep going. I didn't take a whole lot of pictures before I sold this stuff, but I'll leave you with a few shots of what's left after everything was picked over. Hope you crazy kids are well!


I made three of these bags and two sold...this is the only one left. I love the shape.

Whipped up a few little totes just to fill in the empty spaces on the wall.

1 comment:

Modernsnap ! said...

Glad you are back to blogging, you are one of my favorites even though you claim to be boring....compared to the plethora of bloggers, you are real which I truly appreciate!