Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Good Eats

Eeeee! I had a few spare minutes this morning and popped over to Market Block Books to see what was new. I'm telling you, it's very dangerous having such a fantastic bookstore right next door to my shop. Ugh. Anyway, I headed straight for the craft books, and then to the cookbooks, my normal routine, and almost dropped dead when I saw this:

This could very well be the bible of cookbooks, in my humble opinion anyway, and from the looks of it, it definitely rocks. Alton Brown is one of my main culinary heroes, and I find him incredibly hot to boot. Weird, I know. This book is MASSIVE and wonderful and colorful and amazing and if you're lucky enough to own a copy already, please let me know if it's worth the 35 bucks the bookstore wants for it. I know I can get it cheaper elsewhere, but I'd rather support the little guy. Wowee, my day is made.

Hope everyone had a wonderful holiday weekend! Mine was chock full and fantastic and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I had the chance to attend the Scottish games once again this year and it was great! Sandy and I had prime seats for the massed bands, and if I could find someplace to upload it online, I'd share the experience with you. I'd rather stay away from YouTube, Blogger's video service just plain blows, and Flickr won't allow video longer than 90 seconds. I'll see what I can do.

After the games I sat for another three hours with Glenn and finally finished my sleeve. It's amazing, guys, and I'm so glad I went with my gut and trusted someone so green. Glenn literally just finished his apprenticeship and I let him tattoo my entire upper left arm. Not a chance I'd normally take, but I'm glad I did in this case. Once the nasty, peely, scabby phase goes away I'll post lots of pictures. It's so freakin' fantastic and I can't stop looking at it.

We had the last of our summer picnics at my mom's house yesterday and it's both sad and thrilling to say goodbye to summer. I'm not a summer person by any means, but summer in the Northeast this year was unlike any other. Chilly, rainy and dark to say the very least. I can't complain because I'll take weather like that over hot and humid conditions any day. I just feel bad for the kids who couldn't swim or play outside for a good chunk of their vacations. Anyway, fall marks my most favorite time of year and I'm ecstatic to welcome it here now.

Did you do anything fun over the long weekend?

No comments: