Thursday, November 12, 2009

help, please

I've hesitated to write about this situation until now, but it's time.

My brother-in-law is in the hospital and has been for close to three weeks now. I haven't said anything up until this point on the old blog here mostly because he's a very private person and I didn't want to blab his personal business all over the internet. So...yes, he's in the intensive care unit in a local hospital with apparent bacterial pneumonia and he's in pretty rough shape. He's on a ventilator and being kept in a medically induced coma. He's being fed through a tube and kept quiet while the doctors try to figure out how to make him better. He's very young (under 30) and normally a strong, burly person. This just took everything out of him.

As you know already, my sister and her husband have two small children, and I'm sure you can imagine the kind of financial toll this situation can put on any young family. We'd like to help out as much as we can, so family and friends have joined together to arrange a fundraiser for them. If you're in the area, please join us on November 28th. All other details are included in the flyer below. You could always call me or e-mail me if you have any questions.

I'm taking the reins on a raffle to be held at the benefit and I'm looking for people to help out with this. If you're an artist, crafter, jeweler, business owner, etc. and you'd like to make a donation, that would be AMAZING!!! We'll take any item you'd like to donate and gift certificates, movie passes, vouchers, etc. are all welcome also.

Thank you so much in advance! Hope to see you there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Horrible pic of me...I'm HUGE!!!

Anonymous said...

And by the way...thanks!;)

Good Girls Studio said...

I am so sorry! Your poor family! Shoot me an email & I'll see about donating a piece of jewelry for the fundraiser. Praying for his recovery!

Jaimee McClellan said...

Your family is in my prayers!