Wednesday, June 2, 2010

epic saga

I'm a slacker. I know.

The last week has been a whirlwind of activity and I can count on one hand the number of minutes I've been at a computer. Whew! It was fun, but I'm glad things are heading back to normal.

How was your holiday weekend? We spent a good chunk of last week preparing for our art show here at The Paper Sparrow. My grandmother, my mother, my niece Lola and I all had a collaborative show, "Four", in the rear gallery on Troy Night Out and it was a success! We all sold several pieces with The Lo selling more than anyone else! It was such a great idea and I'm so glad we all followed through. The show is up through June 22nd, so if you're in the area, stop by and check it out!

Ben and I hosted a barbecue picnic in the yard for family and friends on Sunday, which was great. It could have been even better had I not received a phone call from ADT Security at the very beginning of the afternoon, letting me know that my burglar alarm had gone off at the shop. I headed down to Troy immediately only to find that someone certainly had tried to break into the store. The deadbolt was busted on the front door, but fortunately for us, the asshole heard my alarm beeping and took off. Nothing was stolen and the only damage done was to the lock. Good for us, bad for the thief. I'm not expecting this dude to turn himself in, and the cops even told us that the chances of him being caught is slim, but I just wish this nonsense would stop! My store is the second in two weeks to have this happen. What kills me is that the crime is happening during the day in broad daylight. In my case, it happened around 1:45 in the afternoon on a Sunday. Guess these things don't keep the crooks away anymore. Desperate times, I tell you.

Anyway, the rest of the party was a success and I hope everyone had a great time. I've spent the last two days unwinding and just trying to relax as much as possible. There's a lot of drama going on in the background and I'm trying to keep my cool as best as I can. Hope you all had a marvelous holiday! I'm doing my best to catch up on your blog posts, and hopefully now I can resume a normal blog posting routine once again. I've missed you guys!

2 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

Sheesh! Glad nothing was stolen! Hooray for your successful show! Your smoking nun tee rocks :)

Kate said...

Thanks, Jo! To this day it's still my very fave Etsy purchase.