Monday, May 10, 2010

feels like fall

Last I checked, we were currently in the month of May. Not sure what the weather is like in your neck of the woods, but it's damn cold out there lately! Feels like fall to me. Not quite the shivery, damp November kind of fall we all quickly grow to hate, but chilly, brisk October fall maybe. Gotta love the northeast. We all know better than to put our sweaters and snow shovels away too quickly.

So you're probably wondering who won the giveaway, eh? First, I'd like to say that I loved your answers, and thank you for playing along. I love doing these and I really should do them more often. Anyway, congratulations goes to...

Laura from Metalsgirl!

Wow, you squeaked in at the last minute and took the whole thing by storm! Congrats!!! If you folks aren't familiar with Laura's blog, please check it out. This woman is a miracle worker for many, many rescue dogs. Fantastic work, and an amazing jewelry maker, too!

Laura, I have your address already, but would you please e-mail me at peonyandbee@gmail.com and include a little note with your favorite color and a description of a fabric print that suits you (are you a floral person? Plaid? Paisley? Solids? You get the idea.) I'll make a bag for you if you'd like.

Nothing new to report here. I'm both baffled and awestruck by this beaver dam they discovered via satellite. Can you believe this thing?

Picked some lily of the valley I found hiding along side my house (more photos here in the stream). I hate to pick them (it kills me, really), but they're out of sight and would just wither and die there. Bringing them indoors means enjoying them while they're around, and even just a few stems give off this amazing scent that just melts my icy cold heart.

Other than that, I spent the weekend taking photos with Mike and laying low. I'm really tired these days and can't seem to get enough rest. Oh, and in case you smartasses out there were thinking it...no, I'm not pregnant.

2 comments:

Metalsgirl said...

Whoo Hoo!!!! I am so excited!! I LUV that bag! I'll shoot you an e-mail in just a minute. And Thank You for your kind words!! Very sweet!

Mare said...

I just picked a few lily of the valley for my altar...I've got to get those pink ones from you real soon!