Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Schlep...or is it Schlepp?


I am so totally unmotivated today.

I hate feeling like this. I got up early, as usual, and I'm just not into sewing or crocheting or any of that. What to do??? I'm meeting up with a woman named Rebecca to possibly purchase a few glass jewelry cases for the shop today. I met with her last night in her shop, Lark Vegas, in Albany to see the cases she's using there. She's selling similar cases out of her garage and I think it might be my best bet. I need 'em. She's got 'em. Enough said. I'm doing something productive for my own shop, but I feel like such a slacker for not making anything. Perhaps I'll start making my Etsy shopping list for inventory. Eeeeeeee!

In other news, I picked up Gary's birthday present last night. We went to Dave's gallery opening a few months back and Gary noticed a piece hanging on the wall that he loved. He refused to buy it for himself and seeing as how he's one of the hardest people in the world to shop for, we bought it without him knowing. Interesting piece. I got some crazy looks while carrying it back to the car in Albany last night. Nice.


Anyway, hopefully the creative juices will start flowing for me today. Perhaps watching the million craft shows I record on the DVR every day will inspire me. Do you watch any of these?

Crafters Coast to Coast
That's Clever
Creative Juice
Carol Duvall (this woman really irks me but I can't stop watching)
Craft Lab
Jewelry Making
Knitty Gritty
Uncommon Threads

They're all on the DIY Network, and before you go thinking I'm a TV whore, I record them, check the info, and if they don't interest me I delete them. Total waste of time? Yes. Do I love every second of it? Absolutely.
I'm thinking about making these wine stoppers that I learned about on Creative Juice:


Perhaps a trip to the craft store???

I'm also still planning on melting old crayon stubs and making new fun shaped crayons out of candy molds. I think they'd look cute in little baskets in the shop. Hmmmmm, that might be what I do today! Or maybe I'll bake. Or maybe not. Mostly I just want to curl up on the couch, snuggle with the dog and listen to The Weepies all day long.

1 comment:

Good Girls Studio said...

Naps are my best friends :) ...not too into Carol Duvall she always seems kinda hokey to me ...I like DIY but I mostly check it out online. (too hard to wrestle the remote from my 6 yr old!)....oh, & that necklace will be yours :) I'm in the process of getting more parts to make more..that one is actually in the shop already & ..sooo funny in my recent pics on etsy where I'm modeling the jewelry you can actually see the burn mark on my neck! :)