Wednesday, April 9, 2008

The Ramona Quimby 'do

When you go and sit down in front of an old friend who just happens to cut your hair and she tells you that she regrets to inform you that you're officially growing a mullet, it's time for a real haircut.


I'm one of those people who will grow my hair out super long and then chop it all off into a super short pixie cut, only to grow it all out again shortly thereafter. I'm in the "growing out" phase now and it's making me mental. My hairdresser friend tells me that hair grows faster in the warmer months than in the colder ones, and I never believed her up until this past winter. Eh. My hair, which normally grows like a weed, is growing at a snail's pace and apparently it was time to do something about it. I didn't chop it, no, but I did neaten things up a bit. I like the cut, but when I look at it, all I can think about is Ramona Quimby. Anyone know who I'm talking about? I hope you're all familiar with those books.

Anyway, what do you think? I apologize for the horrendous flash in this shot, but it's the best I can do for right now. Using a flash at night next to neighbors like mine draws insanely unwanted attention. I've seen more old lady boob from that house than I'd care to admit and I worry that if I set the flash off too many times I might get a repeat performance from last time. Not pretty. I wanted to boil my brain after the last, uh, viewing.

Oh, and P.S....I've discovered the smell of heaven in Bath and Body Works' "Hello Sugar" body spray. I look like a total asshole, but I'm walking around smelling my wrist as if it's my job. I'm hooked, but if one more person tells me I smell like cake I'm going on a killing spree. Seriously, though, if you think you might like a warm vanilla-ey lemon smell, this is the one for you. I'm horribly sensitive to most perfumes and am known to wear vanilla extract when I want to smell nice but don't want to stress over having a reaction. This is perfect. Except now I want to eat my arm.

5 comments:

Mare said...

I love Ramona Quimby and cake!

shoshonasnow said...

Ramona Quimby age 8! I remember reading that book when I was in thrird grade with a flashlight when I should have been sleeping! I love your blog by the way. I can't wait to see the shop all finished! I'll have to come visit and meet you in person.

Good Girls Studio said...

horray for new hair do's! ...any before shots of the mullet?? :)

Kate said...

No before shots, and you should thank your lucky stars for that. Ha!

Shoshona, I would love it if you came for a visit!!! The folks who pass by all day long are popping in to see what's going on in the space and some of them have complimented your work quite a bit! I think they'll sell quickly!

Murray said...

Looks great, not a bit like Ramona, but really you should have posted a pic of the mullet.

I'll have to get a sniff of this Hello Sugar, I have a hard time finding something to wear that doesn't kill my husband.