Friday, April 18, 2008

Still going...

Just a quick update:

Things are really starting to come together over at the good old Paper Sparrow! And if I were a good, decent blogger I would have pictures to show you. Alas, I do not. My sincerest apologies. Until I can remedy this problem, however, I will fill you in on what we've been working on over here at the shop.

* The wallpaper is up and looks fan-freakin'-tastic.

* The tile in the front window area has been installed.

* The counter has been delivered and is 50% assembled (thanks to the eloquent Chinese directions).

* Everything is starting to come out of the bizillion boxes in the back room and find homes on shelves and in jewelry cases.

* I'm FINALLY getting my phone installed (it seems that wasting nine years of your life working for the phone company doesn't have as many perks as one might think).

* My computer is about to arrive any second now which is great because my Quickbooks crap arrived yesterday.

* The second window logo sticker went up courtesy of yours truly. I can't believe I managed to put it up by myself, but I was feeling ballsy and wanted to accomplish something great.

* My diet is temporarily ruined out of the sheer inconvenience of constantly being on the run, and also because Troy hosts so many amazing little restaurants and I've been testing them regularly. How can one resist Lebanese on Monday, sushi on Tuesday, Egyptian on Wednesday, vegan food on Thursday, the best pub food (read: seafood chowder) on Friday, Indian on Saturday and Caribbean food on Sunday??? Bad girl, I know.

There are plenty of other great things happening, but I think I'm forgetting quite a few of them. I promise, promise, promise to post pictures soon. I'm not intentionally slacking off, but while the shop madness is going on, I'm also working on little dresses and bags for a charity function that just so happens to fall on the day AFTER my grand opening, and I'm also doing another charity event tomorrow for the Walk a Mile campaign. Oy. Life is full, let me tell you.

I hope everything is well with all of you lovely folks. And get ready because I'm feeling another giveaway coming up soon!

6 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

hooray for accomplishments! you must have more hours in your day than I ??? What are you working on...no sleep! ...can't wait for the pics!

Banana-head Pancake said...

so much new & fun stuff - how neat to to have a blog and document the beginnings of your business.
It will be great to read through years from now, I'm sure.

:)
Lauren

woolies said...

I'm hyper-ventilating just READING about it all!

katelynjane said...

Egyptian food? Sounds interesting! I wish I had those choices!

I can't wait to see pictures of your shop! It sounds like it's going to look amazzzzing!

Unknown said...

oh i so know what you're going through! when i was trying to blog the opening process of birch, i couldn't believe i'd never have my camera with me. i can't wait to see the progress though and it sounds just totally amazing!

Jaimee McClellan said...

Pictures, Pictures...we wanna see!