My mother has tagged me. For real. If you aren't familiar with her blog, check it out over here. It's lovely, really. Anyway, I'm cursed, yet again, with another tag, so while I try to think up random things about myself, I'll fill you in on what's going on in these parts.
We've finally scheduled my Grand Opening. At this point I think it's more than slightly ridiculous to have a Grand Opening a month after opening for real, but the Chamber of Commerce insists, so who am I to argue? I think my gut is already in knots over being filmed by the press and talking with the mayor, so I'm making a mental note to have a big bottle of Pepto handy specifically for this event. When I was younger and before my dad's accident, he used to run marathons. Before every run, when his stomach would start acting up from the nerves, I used to watch in amazement as he'd down a bottle of Pepto. I think this is why I go straight for the pink stuff when I get nervous. The image is permanently ingrained in my memory.
Anyway, yeah, the Grand Opening. They've suggested that I go all out with food and make it as nice as I can afford. I don't want to get crazy and serve food that requires a knife and fork, but I do want a nice spread of finger foods. I'm thinking of going the catering route seeing as how I'll be working the day of the opening and won't be able to cook anything that day. I would, however, love to make some things a few days ahead of time that doesn't really need to be served immediately. Do you have any favorite recipes that I could try out? I'll take anything...cookies, dips, munchies. What are your favorites?
Oh, also, the kids table poll was overwhelmingly slanted in one direction. I can't wait to get that darn thing out of here. I don't think I'll get rid of it entirely, though. In fact, I think I might bring it out for events like Troy Night Out and my Grand Opening just to keep the kids in one spot while this place gets slammed. I'm looking around for a desk or small table to put in its place for my new sewing area. I think it'll be nice to sew in an area surrounded on three sides by glass. Neat.
I suppose I should address this tag now, eh? I never know what to say with these and I always feel guilty about tagging others. My mom actually called this morning to apologize for tagging me, so I guess I can't bitch too much. This tag calls for "Six Unimportant Things about Me". Okay, so here goes:
1. If you touch me in-between my toes, I will kill you. I'm not joking. Just ask Ben.
2. Whenever an annoying song gets stuck in my head and I can't get rid of it, I sing "Into the Mystic" by Van Morrison silently to myself and miraculously the old, bad song is gone.
3. I keep a mental "To Do" list in my head at all times and try to check off at least one a year. This year's item is shooting guns. I'm going up to my in-law's house to fire off some guns and I'm so excited about it I could scream. It's something I've always wanted to try and now I have an outlet. I'm sure you'll see a post later this year with a picture of me with a black eye or wearing ridiculous protective headgear or something.
4. I love to swear. A lot. I tell people who don't know me that I have a mouth like a truck driver and I don't think they understand just how bad it is until they really spend time with me. I've made men blush at times with the words that have come out of my mouth. I can't remember a time when I didn't swear. Even when I was very, very young.
5. I fantasize about being insanely rich quite often. My favorite part about it, though, isn't thinking about what I'd buy for myself, but how much I could give away to others. If I had my way, I'd give half of my billions away to friends and family.
6. I'm beginning to hate cats. I can't explain it. I have a cat and I love her dearly. But I'm really starting to hate every other cat.
In other news, I just scored this amazing necklace I've been fantasizing about for about a week now. Thank you so much, Jo, for making this lovely piece. And thank you so much, my fantastic husband, for spoiling me yet again.