Saturday, August 21, 2010

done, son.

Okay, so now I can talk about what's been going on here these days. I had to hold off until the paperwork was finalized, meetings happened, everyone was on the same page and the logistics were all figured out.

Sooooo, with that said, I'd like to announce here and now that The Paper Sparrow has been sold.

My original plan was to stick it out until my lease expired (March 31st of 2011), sell off the remaining merchandise and fixtures, and just close my doors completely. But then someone saw this post and gave me a call. The timing couldn't have been better, the deal was right on and we both want to see the business go on instead of shutting down. So folks, effective September 1st, the business will be in new hands. My official last day will be Friday, August 27th, which just so happens to be a Troy Night Out, and the following day the shop will be closed while I remove some of my personal belongings, have a little party for those folks who have helped out along the way and say goodbye to the other business owners down here. It's bittersweet, that's for sure, but I'm happy. It's time for me to move on and try something new, but I still plan to support the businesses and restaurants in Troy as often and as much as I possibly can.

So stop by sometime between now and Friday and say hello (or goodbye), and please continue to support this business. The new owner is sweet and has many big plans for the space. The name will change and she's planning a new look for the store. She's keeping many of the same consignors my customers have loved since I opened, but bringing in lots of new ones too. I like to think of it as a breath of fresh air in the space, and that means so much more to me than leaving this place vacant.

I'll miss my customers, my neighbors, and the new friends I've made since opening these doors two and a half years ago. Troy is an amazing place, one that I'd given up on years ago, but it has come a very long way. It's so nice to be a part of such a fantastic community with great people and a friendly, welcoming environment. I hope to always be a part of it.

Thanks to all of you for everything. Oh, and please check in at thepapersparrow.com from time to time because I'll keep it updated with a list of places where you can find the merchandise I make, plus an announcement of the new venture I'm considering jumping into. Stay tuned!!!

3 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

Congrats Kate! Sounds like a sweet deal all around!

Kim said...

oh i am sad to see your little shop go, i have really loved it a lot. but im glad you're making the right decision for you and can't wait to see what you do next! thank you for bringing us a place full of beauty, thoughtfulness, and warmth. it will surely be missed. <3

Good Girls Studio said...

Bittersweet for sure :( You seem to be at peace with the decision & I wish you all the best my dear! Interested to hear what you have up for sleeve for your next venture??? A restaurant perhaps?? :) {big hugs} Shoot me an email if you want to chat!