Friday, August 27, 2010

farewell

"I had never before, nor have I since, been so happy to have no idea what I was doing with my life."

- Molly Wizenberg, A Homemade Life

I really loved this book as a whole, but the above quote grabbed me at first read (so much so that I underlined it and dog-eared the page) and I haven't stopped thinking about it since. Maybe the timing made it special with the closing of the business and my life in full upheaval and all. But whatever the reason, it means a lot to me. I really do love not knowing what's coming next for me. It's liberating, to say the very least.

Anyway, I just wanted to post a little something to let the local folks know what's going on tonight. This will be my very last Troy Night Out and my very last day at the shop. We'll be closed tomorrow while I remove the remainder of my things and turn the keys over to the new owner. So, it's time to clean house. I don't want to take the rest of my merchandise home with me, so we're marking it all down and EVERYTHING MUST GO!

Here's the scoop:

50% off baby apparel (onesies, shorts and bibs only...some hats included)
50% off select winter scarves and hats
50% off most jewelry
50% off all handbags
50% off select plush items and teddy bears

There are a few more deals there too, but my mind is slipping. Stop by and see if you can find a little something for yourself. And hey, Christmas is coming faster than you think. Time to buy gifts!!! Wine, dips and munchies will be served in the gallery.

I hope to see you there! So bittersweet!

P.S. There are two artists represented in the rear gallery TONIGHT ONLY! Their work is fantastic and the prices are superb. Come show them your support!

2 comments:

Mare said...

I'm so proud of you Katie, just because of who you are...Love, mom

Unknown said...

Kate Where are you?????????? Love you always!!!!!!!