Friday, February 15, 2008

enough of the blahs


I'm sure you'll agree there's been far too much of the nasty stuff in this blog lately and not enough of the good lovin'. I plan to come back at some point this weekend to add my version of Amanda Soule's February 10 post. She's encouraged people to make a list of ten things that make them happy this week. While I already have my list of ten in mind, I will add a little hint of what's to come because I just received the most amazing gift in the mail! The wonderful and talented Mark of drinkabutter sent this wonderful painting as a thank you gift for ordering some of his cards for my shop. I adore this little painting so much and it's almost as if he knew all about the things I love before making it and sending it to me. Mark, I don't know if you read this blog, but thank you so much. This brightened my day immediately. Many many more shipments show up here daily and I'm so excited about it! Olive, on the other hand, is not. The big bad mailman keeps comin' up on her porch and she looks like she's about to have the big one. What is it with dogs universally hating the mailman? She can't figure out what's going on, but boy does she love to smell each package when they come into the house. Mark must have a pet because she won't leave the box alone. Fun times.

Anyway, yes, I'm sorry, dear readers, for being such a downer here lately. I'm stressed and I know that only I can make things better for myself. From here on it, it's daisies and roses. Ha! Right.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Kate, I'm using you as inspiration to perk myself up a bit. Its been a rough year so far for lots of people but I'm determined to start seeing the bright side of things. We shall overcome!!! :-)