Monday, February 11, 2008

Hell Monday?

First off, I'd like to thank all of you for your kind words through this whole shop fiasco. I've gotten tons of e-mail and phone calls and you're all great. Thank you.

Secondly, I'd like to say that I still have no clue what I'm going to do. At this point I'm waiting for a phone call from the woman who was handling my lease. See, the guy I had such a hard time with on Friday isn't even my landlord yet. He's the one trying to buy the building from the man who would have been the best landlord ever. I put a call in on Friday to the woman handling my lease (who happens to work with the current, nice landlord) explaining everything that happened. She was going to call the nice landlord and call me back. I haven't heard from her yet. If I don't hear from her by this afternoon I'm going to call her and mention that I'm considering breaking the lease. I have a lawyer ready, if needed, but I really don't think it would come to that.

I don't feel good about this. About any of it, really. I haven't slept well at all, and that worries me because it's rare that anything rattles me this much. My heart loves that little shop space and I've been looking forward to getting in there for months now. My head, though, is telling me to cut and run...fast! I refuse to work with anyone who tries to use their power (or, would-be power in this case) to make me feel like crap, and that's exactly what this guy does for a living. He's a little short, fat, balding man who intimidates people to make himself feel better. Ugh.

Anyway, I'll post an update when I hear more. Thank you again for your help, suggestions and support. You guys are amazing.

No comments: