I was tagged by the wonderful Lauren of Banana Head Pancake, and seeing as how this is my first tag ever I feel compelled to accept the challenge! I love reading these on other people's blogs so why not play along, eh?
So here goes, 7 Random Things about Moi:
1) I talk to my pets. A lot. And when I say I talk to my pets, I mean full blown conversations. And sometimes I'm convinced they understand what I'm saying. Ben noticed really early on that I tend to have really goofy pets and I'm convinced that talking to them makes them this way.
2) I hate bananas. Anyone who knows me knows enough to warn me when eating one in my presence. Poor Nabua. Ugh. I know some people can't pinpoint what they hate about certain foods, but I know exactly what I hate about bananas. The texture, the taste, the brown speckles, the nasty stringy things that hang off AFTER they've been peeled, the sound they make when people eat them...the list goes on and on.
3) I'm addicted to Diet Coke. Mike warned me that this might happen and while I argued endlessly that it would never happen to me, well, it has. I love it. It's my main source of energy in the morning and I'm absolutely hooked on that nice cold fizzy feeling going down my throat. To me, there's nothing better than a nice, big Diet Coke from the fountain.
4) I hated The Matrix. That's right, I admit it. I just don't get the fascination! I understand the concept just fine, I just despise the movies. I've never had a single person tell me they hated it too. Please tell me you're out there.
5) I failed my drawing class during my senior year of art school. I'd never failed a class in my entire life until then. I was so embarrased and ashamed and afraid to tell anyone. Luckily I was still able to graduate because I had too many credits. The funny thing about it, though, was the fact that the faculty chose what work went into our Senior Show and they all chose my drawings. Meh.
6) I long to be a hermit of sorts. A huge part of me wants to just move away and isolate myself from people. Ideally I'd be living in a teeeeeny little cottage on the beach somewhere with Ben and Olive.
7) I don't think I'm any good at being creative. No matter how many people tell me otherwise, and no matter how many things I'm able to sell to people, I'm never convinced that I have talent. People referred to me as artistic, creative and talented all throughout my life and nothing seems to convince me. I fear that I'll feel this way forever and eventually give up on creating in general.
So that's that. Hope I didn't bore you too horribly bad. I guess I'm supposed to now pass this on, so I'm tagging Secret Boy Fiend, Good Girls Studio, Sew Serious, Needle in the Eye, Birch Handmade, and Piss and Vinegar.