Friday, October 24, 2008

Must. Get. There.

I've been putting off a trip to North Adams, Mass. for quite a while now and it's getting down to crunch time. The Jenny Holzer exhibit is about to be yanked out of MassMoCA and I must see it before it's gone! Anyone wanna go? I'm the kind of person who can make a trip to the Berkshires last a whole day, much to the dismay of those who generally come with me (GARY!).

Anyway, in addition to the finale of the Holzer piece, they're also finishing up the run on the Anselm Kiefer exhibit which I understand is a must see. Plus, after a heated discussion with friends about Joseph Beuys (and those individuals who are just dying to be Beuys) I feel the need to see that installation again, too.

You know you want to come along. We start off in Troy, take the scenic route up through Grafton, stop at the Peace Pagoda (it's a must for me on this trip) for a quick attitude adjustment, make a pit-stop at the overlook for some last chance foliage shots, stop for lunch and a bit of shopping in Williamstown, maybe pop in at the Clark (depending on what's there), and then head on over to MassMoCA for the rest. And if you're hungry for dinner on the way home, Ben and I found this little Mexican restaurant, Coyote Flaco, that will knock your socks off.

I'm thinking of heading out soon. Let me know if you want to join me!

6 comments:

Banana-head Pancake said...

I didn't know they had a jenny holzer exhibit going on!
I do need to schedule a trip up to Lenox soon to check on my car that I deserted when I moved to the city...
I'm going to see when the last day is at MoCA.

Kate said...

This one looks and sounds pretty great! Let me know if you get the chance to see it. I think it's there thru mid-November, so you still have a bit of time. I'm thinking of going next weekend.

Good Girls Studio said...

I want to come :)

Kate said...

Let's go! As of right now it looks like we've got quite the crew coming along!

Ben said...

All you have to do is ask...

Mare said...

Hi Kate,
Please tell Olive she has been tagged by the Robinson pack here! See my blog for details! :)