Wednesday, March 25, 2009

kids and crafts

Every so often someone wanders into our shop looking for a bit of help with their charity or fundraiser. We get a lot of proposals, actually. I have to pick and choose lately because I'd go belly up if I contributed to all of them, although I'd like to.

Anyway, one of the more recent donations we've made was to the PS16 PTA here in Troy. Each year they host A Taste of Troy, something I'd heard about but never participated in. The restaurants in Troy get together and assemble their finest dishes for people to sample. For $15, you're contributing to a great cause and getting the chance to taste different items from different restaurants. Plus, you can enter the raffle to win the items everyone so graciously donated. My mom and I donated some jewelry and a handbag, and so we received tickets to the event compliments of PS16. I'm excited to go this evening, and I've brought my eatin' pants.

Things are nutso here lately. We're getting ready for this coming Troy Night Out (this Friday) and I'm still working on getting my Etsy shop put together. I set a deadline of last Saturday for myself to have the shop up and running, and needless to say, I missed the deadline. I'm still working feverishly on it, and I hope to have it up and running by early next week. I think it'll be mostly jewelry to start off with, but some sewn items will make their way, too, once I get my butt in gear. I can't seem to keep the sewn items stocked in the shop, so I'm just going to have to bolt myself to my machine and just crank out a ton of stuff for both shops. Wish me luck.

How are you crazy kids doing? I had a fun outing with Miss Lola over the weekend. Wanted to take her to Chuck E. Cheese for a few rides, but the place was a madhouse and Lola is NOT ready for rides...yet. She loved the merry-go-round, but screamed her head off on everything else. Soon enough. I'll have her on crazy roller coasters and thrill rides as soon as I possibly can. In the meantime, though, I'll just enjoy taking her out to dinner and out for a bit of shopping. That kid loves to shop.

Anyway, back to TNO, this month we're celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Sexual Assault and Crime Victims Assistance Program for Samaritan Hospital with an art show. The folks organizing this celebration are the same people who organize the Walk A Mile event, and from what I've seen of the work coming into the gallery, it's going to be a great show! I love when people who wouldn't normally show their creative side get the chance to publicly display their artwork. If you're in the area, please stop in and check it out! Food and drink will be aplenty, as usual.

1 comment:

Good Girls Studio said...

That's pretty awesome that you can't keep your sewn things in stock, sales must be good :)

Does a baby on a roller coaster have the same connotation as a baby in a bar ;)

&&& ..you've been blogged my generous friend! (your Aunt & I would have been BFF's!!)