Sunday, December 20, 2009

brrrrrr


So, I'm sitting here in the middle of this insane blizzard that literally took over NYC, wondering if/when I'll be able to return home tomorrow (today). It's after 4am and I don't want to go to sleep because I need to get up in a little while anyway. My train leaves Penn Station at 8:15, and Amtrak's site is down for maintenance. How convenient for Amtrak.

Anyway, Mike and I caught Eric Bachmann playing one of very few solo shows tonight and it was, by far, one of the best performances I've ever seen. A very small, intimate crowd during a very odd night of weather, and Mr.B played all alone. No Crooked Fingers, just Bachmann and his guitars. In one word...spectacular. I can't emphasize enough how happy I am that he's back in the states, doing what he does best. He recently moved home after a brief stint in China. Apparently, Mr. B decided to give teaching a shot and, as he admitted to the crowd, became frustrated and dropped too many F-bombs in front of the kids. As I'm sure you can imagine, this does not bode well with his superiors. So, lucky for us, he's back to singing, and honestly folks, this is what he's meant to do. Thank god for that.

A great time was had. Lots of walking, fantastic Thai food, a few photo ops and Gray's Papaya on the walk home. I'm not a fan of the city at all, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Muchas gracias to Mike for being an amazing tour guide, and to Catherine for allowing me to take over her apartment.

For those of you on the east coast, I hope you're all well and safe. And please keep your fingers crossed that I make it home on time. I have a date with friends tomorrow morning and I'd really hate to miss it.

1 comment:

Good Girls Studio said...

sounds like a great time! Hope you make it home safe & sound!