Thursday, March 11, 2010

giving the old brain a break...

...or a workout, depending on how you look at it.

I'll admit, I let Lost take over my life for a long time there. I won't go into what's going on in that world right now because I know most of you couldn't care less, nor will I embarrass myself by admitting how far along I am...already. Holy moly, man. That show is nuts!

Anyway...

So, after soaking my brain in Lost brine for the last...I don't know...we'll just call it a long time, I've decided to give it a break, or at least limit my intake to two (or three, or four) episodes a day, and start reading for once. I know what you're thinking..."OH MY GOD! The Wonder
Of It All!" As you can see in the photo above, things are starting to sprout up here (finally!) and I'm biding my time before it's warm enough to go outside and savor the longer days. I'm taking my sweet time getting through this book, and that's intentional because I want to absorb every single word of it. So good. In addition, I'm reading new blogs. I love blogs. I live for blogs. I've probably read your blog. Any of the blogs you see on the side bar over there have been read from the first post to the most current one, and I'm hooked. I love nothing more than to find a new blog, start at the beginning and work my way to the present. And that's what I've been up to.

I just finished three. Well, not just finished, but here's what I've been working on recently:

1. Bread and Honey.
This is the most recent blog I've devoured. I was so sad when I finished it, like reading the perfect book and never wanting to turn that last page. Eek. I know she's not a frequent poster, so I'm going to have to get my fix when I can, but something tells me it's never going to be enough. This is mainly a food blog, but so much more. Alicia talks about her life from time to time, but in a sharp, cutting manner that makes me love her even more. If you're not a fan of sarcasm, don't bother clicking over, but if you want a good laugh, great stories, and cynicism at its finest, check it out.
Love me some Emily. I honestly can't remember how I found her, but I know it was over in Flickr-land. Loved her photos and even tracked back to her first upload, making my way to the most recent ones (Emily, I'm not stalking you, I swear!!!). I happened to notice that she had a blog while reading her profile (again, not stalking) and clicked my way into happy times. This is, by far, one of the most honest blogs I've read in a long time. The girl has a way with words, and boy does she have fantastic taste in music. Great photos, great content, even better wit and wisdom. I'm a daily reader. Hear that, Em? Keep posting!

I've been a reader of the LittleByrd blog for quite some time and find myself at LittleByrdVintage every day. As one of her customers pointed out, it's "straight from the pages of Anthropologie, but the real thing". I couldn't agree more. She recently started a new blog called My Morning Walk and I'm in love. Her photos are so soft and pretty, the stories simple and meaningful, and if I believed in fairies, I know they'd live in her back yard. This is a nice opportunity to relax and unwind, and indulge in lots of great eye candy, folks. So if you're into that sort of thing, go there. It's worth it.

If you have a blog you think I'd enjoy, say the word! I'll gobble it up!

2 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

You are soo funny! I've been OD'ing on episodes of House (love some sarcasm)& then wonder why I suddenly start feeling sick, with a strange illness that no one can cure me of :) Slow doses babe!

Single In NJ said...

Did I share my love of Bread and Honey with you??? Because I too, long for her blog posts.. whenever I see a new one in my feed, I'm giddy! I follow three food blogs regularly. Bread and Honey, Cream and Sugar Kitchen (http://www.creamandsugarkitchen.com/cream-sugar/) and Smitten Kitchen (www.smittenkitchen.com) I've never been let down by any of the recipes I've attempted to make... ever. (As an aside, the Pizza Dough recipe that Alicia has is my go-to... I LOVE it.)

I'm also going to recommend my friend Liz's blog to you.. because she cracks me up. We went to college together, she moved to Ireland two years ago from Massachusetts. www.itbeliz.blogspot.com She also has a new photography blog. www.dailydoseofdublin.blogspot.com

Go forth.. enjoy blogs.