Friday, March 12, 2010

having kids without having kids

I'm not a fan of kids.

I'm sure you know this already if you've been reading this blog for a while. So, yeah, I said it. I obviously love the kids in my family, and my friends' kids are fantastic, so I shouldn't say I don't like kids. I'm just glad I don't have kids of my own. I adore my niece, Lola, as I'm sure you've also probably noticed after reading this blog. She owns the starring role in many posts. It's great to have the ability to have a kid in my life that I can hang with and spoil rotten, and then send home to her mom and dad. Heh.

Anyway, I was sick recently and my little bean, The Lo, left me this message on my machine at home.



If you can't understand her, she says:

Kate, are you better?
Get better, please.
I wub you.
Goodbye.

Gotta love this kid. She rocks my socks off.

2 comments:

Modernsnap ! said...

That's funny bcuz after having two kids of my own, I now don't like children either. :)

Unknown said...

She is beautiful. I can't wait to hug you and her She is all you need kate, Love every moment!!!!!love you Nancy