Saturday, August 25, 2007

Apparently I suck


I totally slacked off on my gardens this year and planted a whole lot of stuff that I left unattended. It looks like we moved out of this house and let everything go this year. My bad. I haven't had the time or the energy to do things differently, and I don't care what my neighbors think.

Anyway, I woke up this morning and looked out the window to find what looks like a black sunflower. It's actually a deep red or a reddish chocolate brown, but when the sun isn't shining through the petals, it looks black. A responsible gardener would have kept track of what she planted, but me, uh, I suck. I wish I could remember what the name of this particular variety is because I want to plant many, many more of them next year. Perhaps someone will read this and fill me in.

1 comment:

thingwraith said...

Hm, we had a one or two at work that were about that colour, but of course I've no idea what they were! They definitely came out of those seed packs you sent me if that is any help. ^^