Thursday, August 23, 2007

Stick Boy


I don't know what took me so long, but I finally broke down and bought Tim Burton's "The Melancholy Death of Oyster Boy and Other Stories". My book club finally managed to add it into the mix and I ordered that bad boy with my bonus points (think: free). Of course it was on back order, so after waiting weeks and weeks I had forgotten all about it. You can imagine my surprise to find a little box sitting on my front porch when I got home from work yesterday, so I took it inside, opened it up and read it cover to cover (it took all of 10 minutes...maybe less). I don't know why I was expecting children's stories. The book itself is very Shel Silverstein, but the stories...not so much. Good stuff. Maybe when the kids in this family grow up a bit I'll read them to them.


Or maybe not.

No comments: