Monday, August 13, 2007

Blog survey

Every once in a while when I pop in to check my e-mail I get one of these surveys. They're at the top of my list of guiltiest pleasures. I'm not ashamed to admit loving each and every one of them, no matter how redundant. I'm also a total sucker for those over-the-phone surveys, too, much to the delight of most telemarketers who happen to call my house. Anyway, I tend to get carried away by these e-mail surveys and I fill them out quickly and send them to anyone and everyone in my address book. People hate me for this.

So, this is the most recent survey I've gotten. I figured I'd spare the party poopers who hate filling them out and just post mine here. Besides, I'm one of those people who draws a total blank when I have to fill out profiles online. Suddenly, without warning, I can no longer remember things like my favorite book or album, or any other basic like/dislike that makes up who I am. This is a much easier way of getting these mundane details out there.

1. How old will you be in 3 years? At this time in three years I'll be 33, but will soon turn 34 shortly thereafter.

2. Do you think you'll be married by then? My husband is absolutely fantastic. So yes, I would hope that I'm still married then. I'd never do it again, though.

3. What do you look forward to most in the next 2 months? Florida/Disney/Nancy/Ned/Robbie/Randi/Keith, autumn (I would seriously kill to have it around NOW), Lola being born, quitting my job, my birthday, Henry Rollins...again, preparing (for real now) to open my B&M shop. I'll stop here because I am a truly happy person in the fall months. Lots of things to look forward to.

4. Who was the last person you talked to? Andrew "Squishy" Greschak...one of the only people I'll miss from work when I go bye bye.

5. What do you think about the person that took this survey before you? She rocks!

6. Who was the last person to text you? I don't have a cell phone for exactly this reason.

7. Who was the last person you hugged? My little Olive, the best dog in the entire world. The cat now loathes me.

8. What were you doing at midnight last night? Suffering from insomnia and overanalyzing the answers from a vicious game of Trivial Pursuit with the fam.

9. Parents separated/divorced/married? My biological parents are divorced (thank god) but my mom remarried one of the greatest human beings ever to talk the planet and he legally adopted me. They're still married.

10. Last time you saw your dad? Last night...handsome bugger he is.

11. What happened at 11:00 a.m. today? I met with our Chief Union Steward to discuss the proper course of action for when I quit this disease of a job.

12. How many states do you want to visit? All of them, really. I'm really drawn to Alaska lately.

13. Do you prefer shoes, socks, or bare feet? On myself? I prefer bare feet as often as I can get away with it. I abhor socks. On other people, though, it all depends on how well your toenails are groomed. Talons are nasty, people!

14. Are you a social person? Nope. Not in the slightest.

15. Favorite ice cream? I've always been a coffee ice cream fan for as long as I can remember. Lately, though, those damn Ben and Jerry people have me hooked like a crackhead on Neapolitan Dynamite...Cherry Garcia and Chocolate Fudge Brownie snuggled up together like two peas in a pod. Scrumptious.

16. What is your favorite dessert? Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting, hands down.

17. Whats your favorite song right now? Into the Mystic by Van Morrison

18. What kind of jelly do you like on your peanut butter sandwich? That cheap gelatinous grape jelly on white bread, please.

19. Do you like coffee? Hate it.

20. How many glasses of water a day do you drink on average? Ask my bladder.

21. What do you drink in the morning? Water, mostly. If I'm pooped out (see #8) I go for a large Diet Coke (fountain soda only) strictly for the caffeine. Bad, I know.

22. Would you rather kiss someone with or without a lip ring? What the hell kind of question is this? Hmmm. Well, I've had piercings and I know what they can smell like, so I would probably have to say "without" because who wants that kind of cheese funk in your mouth? Ugh.

23. Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed? I'm always on the right. Ben wouldn't have it any other way.

24. Do you know how to play poker? There are three things in life that I genuinely don't understand: George W. Bush's brain, football (American style) and poker. Countless people have tried explaining all three to me and I just can't comprehend any of it. Oh, and can anyone tell me why poker is now considered a sport?

25. Any plans for this week? Sleep and get through the Netflix movies that are gathering dust in my living room. I actually had to dust them off this past weekend when I cleaned the house.

26. Do you eat out or at home more often? As much as I love to cook, we eat out entirely too often.

27. Have you ever been in an ambulance? I don't think so.

28. Do you prefer an ocean or a pool? Ocean. Although I do love swimming in a pool when it's raining and at night. But not when it's raining at night.

29. Do you prefer a window seat or an aisle seat? Does anyone really ever WANT to sit on the aisle?

30. Do you know how to drive a stick shift? No comment.

31. What is your favorite thing to spend money on? Art supplies, craft supplies, fabric, books, music, movies and other people, especially. I'm a chronic gift giver.

32. Do you wear any jewelry 24/7? Only my wedding ring.

33. Do you speak any other language? Spanish, although it appears as though I've forgotten most of it.

34. Can you roll your tongue? Roll it like a jelly roll, or trill it like in some Spanish words? I can do both.

35. Who is the funniest person you know? Michael Hickok. He can't possibly tell the story about the bottle rockets in his windbreaker enough.

36. Do you sleep with stuffed animals? No.

37. Are you in a relationship? Yes.

38. Do you still have clothes from when you were little? No, but I do miss the "Eat The Worm" shirt I pretty much lived in for the first third of my life.

39. What is the color of your bedroom wall? Chocolate brown.

40. Do you shut off the water when you brush your teeth? Always, but I waste an awful lot of water trying to get it hot before I brush. I have this weird thing about that.

41. Are you crushing on someone right now? Yup.

42. Do you have any tattoos, or piercings? Lots of tattoos but only my ears are still pierced.

No comments: