Friday, September 12, 2008

Have you been paying attention...

...to what's going on in the world of science? I know it's difficult to pay much attention to anything these days with the F'ing soap opera we call American politics droning on and on. Still, I can't stop reading about the Hadron Collider!!! Very cool. These are very important times, you know. Intense and exciting and I can barely wait for the next few weeks to play out.

Oh, and if it were up to me, every single blog post would include a few words of wisdom from one of the sexiest brains in the world, Mr. Stephen Hawking:


For those of you worried about the black hole disaster potentially caused by the LHC, here's exactly what would happen to you if you ever "fell" into a black hole. Nice.

4 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

this dude is soo gonna blow up the world. & no, I have no clue what he's talking about nor is this an educated opinion! :)

Kate said...

Nah, the world's not gonna end, but think about the possibility of creating a black hole! Or, quite possibly finding out how life as we know it began. Fascinating.

Murray said...

I have to admit, I did breathe a sigh of relief when I read the experiment was an initial success. Thanks to my husband I'm able to appreciate Mr. Hawking's genius; he takes the time to translate to me as if I were, well, some sort of human idiot.

Jaimee McClellan said...

I'm embarressed to say I've made three attempts to read one of his books but have yet to finish, let alone, know what I read. Hey, I tried!!! I guess I should get Murray's translation from Fritz! :)