Friday, September 19, 2008

Shhh, it's a surprise!

I originally bought a little doll for Lola's birthday gift but changed my mind last minute and made one for her instead. Now if only I could come up with a name for her:
Any suggestions?

Her seams are a little on the crooked side because I stuffed her with fleece instead of polyfill and so she's a little bit lumpier than I'd like. She's extremely cuddly though and I'm happy with the way she came out with such short notice.

And now I'm off to return doll #1. I'll be back at some point this weekend with pictures of my house. The weatherman is predicting sun, so as long as I can get my butt out of bed early enough I'll have photos to share.

Enjoy the weekend!!!

***Edit***
I realized this morning that I never credited the person who created the pattern for this little elephant. You can get this pattern and others equally as cute here. This pattern was relatively easy, but there were a few hairy spots where I had to figure it out on my own. Overall, though, I'll try other patterns in the future.

7 comments:

Murray said...

Ellison or Edna.

BeanPickleSprout said...

She is so cute! I am dying to see more of your creations :) What about Ella? E names seem to be a popular suggestion here...

Another one that popped into my head right when I saw her was Fanny. Don't ask me why...I wouldn't have an answer!!

Good Girls Studio said...

soo stink'n cute! Her name is Fante' as in Ella Fante' :)

Mare said...

Oh Katie! I want one!!!! You know i LOVE elephants! (Christmas and my birthday are coming you know...;) I like the name Ella Fante. She also reminds me of an Effa. My Uncle Jim had a sister named Effa. Effa the elephant. Lola could learn to say Effa real easy...

Kate said...

Thanks everyone. I just realized that I never credited the person who made this pattern...an Etsy person, as a matter of fact.

You can get the elephant pattern and others equally as cute from:

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5033645

This particular pattern was relatively easy to follow but there were a few funky spots. I'll definitely try other patterns, though.

Thanks for all of your wonderful comments and name suggestions!!!

Jaimee McClellan said...

How sweet...I love her! And I'm positive, she's 10x better than that other dolly. And all the more special because it was made with love.

Is Ella too obvious a name for an elephant?!? It just seems to suit her :)

MA said...

I found your blog via Little byrd...that elephant is adorable, well done! I am off to check out the pattern, thanks for the link!