Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I'm so out of the loop

I feel like I haven't posted in weeks! Talk about blog withdrawal. I've been super busy, though, so don't go thinking I'm slacking off. I did manage to take some pictures of my house (or part of it anyway...more on that later), but I left them on my home computer, so that has to wait for another day or so. Sorry.

As always I put everything off until the last minute and I'm overwhelmed by the usual preparations for Troy Night Out. Keep your fingers crossed for us on Friday. It's supposed to rain, which isn't good because we rely heavily on those people out walking around. Bad weather = no customers. Sales have been pitiful overall this month and we really, really need a decent TNO to pull it off. We shall see. I'm making tons of dip to sell, so that should help out at the very least.

More to come...soon.

P.S. A little birdy pointed out that I miscalculated the number of days until the Bachmann show (from my last post). Yeah. It's actually only 14 days now. I never said I was good at math. Wheeeeeee!

6 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

Sorry to hear sales have been suckish! I think they're down everywhere right now :( But...the holidays are coming ! Hooray for excessive spending & materialism :)

Kate said...

I think you're right, Jo. I had the chance to chat with a few of the business owners on this street and everyone's feeling the pinch. Eek! And yes, I can't wait for the Christmas rush!!!

shoshonasnow said...

Are those your toad lilies? They are my favorite flowers. Mine aren't blooming yet. They are usually blooming by my birthday, 2 more weeks.

Kate said...

Yep, they're mine. They totally took over my front yard this year and bloomed like mad. Who knows what next year will bring.

When is your birthday?

shoshonasnow said...

October 10th. I'm so happy it's on a Friday, and a long weekend!

Kate said...

I hear that! Mine is on the 11th but unfortunately I have my sister's wedding on the 10th and a friend's wedding on the 12th. No rest for the weary, I guess.