Monday, January 19, 2009

mulled over

Our friends went back to Florida today and I must admit, I'm a little bummed. We had so much fun with them in town and it feels like something is missing around my little house tonight. Actually, I'm a little shocked that I finally made it to the end of this super hectic stretch of time that started around the early December period. First came the Victorian Stroll which involved a ton of preparation and really kicked off the holiday insanity at the shop. Things were crazy and busy from that point on until Christmas when we were consumed with worry over my grandfather's surgery, recovery and general health condition. Then came New Years, which, as usual, was pretty uneventful for me, but we busied ourselves with preparation for the visit of my aunt (also from Florida) and then finally my two old friends. Now that the holidays are over and our friends have gone home, I feel like I'm wasting time by sitting still. I've been running around for so long and stressing over what comes next, and now that there's really nothing exciting on the horizon, I feel a bit...lost, I guess. It's hard to explain. I'm a bit confused myself.

Anyway, I plan to take these next few days and just relax. I've been enjoying the silence today and reflecting on the things going on in my life. People are coming and going. Opportunities are popping up. Ideas are knocking around in my brain. I want to take this opportunity of a brand new year in a country with a brand new president, surrounded by people so full of new hope and I want to run with it. I just hope the novelty doesn't wear off too soon. I have lots to accomplish.

No comments: