Sunday, January 11, 2009

take a load off

Saturday night was amazing, and we've all decided that it would be in Randi and Keith's best interest to move back home. Quickly. Seriously, it's that important. We all know how hard it is when good friends move far away, and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't hoping they'd change their minds and move home all along. Two and a half years of hoping is a lot. So, Randi and Keith, I know you'll read this once you get back to Florida. We want you back, dammit. Let's make this happen.

Anyway, we all had such a good time and I'm still recovering today. Great company, great conversation (great conversation in front of a nice warm fire is divine and I think we achieved it...until we ran out of wood), entirely too much food. More alcohol was consumed that evening than I ever thought humanly possible, so I hope everyone is feeling okay today. I doubt it.

So, yes, it was lovely. Old friends are the best. Please move home. Now.
***
p.s. I must give credit where credit is due. The photos in this post belong to one Michael Aloisius Hickok who rocks the macro any chance he can get. And frankly, I stole them because A) he won't give a damn, and 2) they capture the mood of last night better than words ever could.

1 comment:

Mare said...

Beautiful fire...Are those corks? Cool prints on them...