Thursday, February 18, 2010

Alice

I've never been one of those die hard Alice in Wonderland fans. Let me just put that out there. I've read the book many times. In fact, I own my grandfather's copy from when he was a little boy (it's one of my most prized possessions) and I've read it over and over again throughout my 33 years. Great story, certainly not for kids (thank you Disney!), and I enjoy it a great deal. I think Chuck Dodgson (Lewis Carroll) probably did more drugs in his day than Keith Richards, and this is a good thing because it made his photography and writing so incredibly cool.

But I'm not one of those people who eats, sleeps and breathes Alice...and yes, I know a few of those. The new Tim Burton version looks interesting and I'll definitely watch it at some point, but this isn't what has me on the Alice kick these days. It's this gorgeous fabric (click for more colorways and other prints) that has me drooling all over my monitor. I love it. What to make? What to make?

No comments: