Sunday, February 7, 2010

genius!

I am head over heels in love with this project from the most recent issue of Country Living Magazine!!! If I can find a nice nubby sweater and resist keeping/wearing it, I'm going to give this a shot with some table lamps. I'd love to see how the technique looks on a drum shade!

Here are the instructions:

Make over a plain pendant shade by cloaking it in wool. First, cut a large sweater in half along a side seam, removing the sleeves. Pull the resulting rectangle of material tightly around the shade so the fabric meets in the back; cut to fit and hot-glue to the shade. Next, trim the sweater lengthwise, leaving an inch of overhang at the top and bottom. Fold the overhang over the shade's edges and secure on the inside with hot glue. For safety, use a low-wattage bulb.

2 comments:

Mare said...

That is very cool! OR you could also crochet something similar to fit the shade...(if you do use a nice sweater, save me the sleeves for dolls and bears, ok? ;)

Good Girls Studio said...

Fun fun! I need to renew my subscription to that mag, I haven't gotten it since the move! Post some pics if you do it!

(glad your Bepa is doing better!)
*hugs*