Tuesday, March 4, 2008

A case of the Monday's

...only today is Tuesday.
It's such a blah rainy day today. I will say, though, that last night actually smelled like Spring and that makes me happy. I can't wait to see which of the bulbs I planted last year decide to make an appearance this time around. I planted checkered lilies two years ago and they didn't come up last year. I'm hoping they were just being bashful and they'll show their pretty faces this year. They're so gorgeous. And the toad lilies. Oh, the toad lilies. They're spreading across the garden beds in my front yard and I love them so much! I wish the toad lilies and my Columbine would get together and agree on blooming at the same time. Now THAT would be a sight. Lately my fingers are craving the squishy feeling that only gardening can provide. My back on the other hand, well, my back thinks that Spring can take its sweet time getting here. Ugh. My back + digging in our back yard = pain in the buns. Who knew I'd be old by the age of 31?

Our house looks so much better and more welcoming in the warmer months, doesn't it?

I don't have much to report today, I'm afraid. I spent the morning with my sister and Lola shopping for fabric. One of Carly's friends is due to have her baby any day now and she's been begging Carly to convince me to make her a diaper bag. I swore repeatedly that I will NEVER make another diaper bag again after putting the last stitches in Carly's bag (and Morgan's bag, too, if I remember correctly), and yet somehow I'm back at square one with raw fabric on one side of me, and an overused diaper bag pattern on the other. It's flattering, really, that anyone would want to sport something I've made, but really, diaper bags will mean the end of me, mark my words. I hate making them. My machine does, too!

I apologize for such a boring post today. I'm afraid that things are a bit slow moving. I spent a good portion of my morning reading this blog from start to finish and I fell in love with this woman's work enough to approach her about accepting a wholesale order. She quickly replied and we're in business. I'm so excited to carry her things in my store! Her work is quite lovely.

Speaking of the shop, things are moving along quickly! The floor is going in and next comes the lighting. The contractors are going to do my painting for me, which I'll totally admit is a complete relief. I'm so thankful. I'm starting to go through that phase where I worry that I won't have enough inventory. I can't think of a single thing I might need, but part of me still thinks there's going to be a lot of empty space. Would any of you like to take on a wholesale order? How about some of your crafty friends? You can e-mail me at thepapersparrow@hotmail.com if you're interested. Mmmmmkay? Thanks!

I hope this post finds you well and I hope your day is a bit more, uhh, eventful than mine.

4 comments:

sewserious said...

It's just about gardening time for me too and I have some crazy work ahead of me. Your house looks so cute. Love it!

Kate said...

Thanks!

Unknown said...

Random wanderer, but I had to leave a comment saying how much I adore your house. It looks much like the house of my dreams.

shoshonasnow said...

ooh, toad lilies are my favorite flowers. and mine always bloom in the begining of october, just in time for my birthday. ahhh, spring time gardening is soooo close...