I'm waiting patiently for a phone call from the guy working down in the shop space. I'm supposed to get the keys today but who knows. If I get the keys today I'll officially have eight days to get the work done before my opening. Am I nuts? Everyone around me keeps telling me to push this off another month and take my time getting in there and getting everything done right. While I see where they're coming from, I don't want to wait anymore. What do you think?
What would you do if you were in my shoes?
After spending the entire morning on the phone, everything is now in order, or so it seems. Things are still on schedule and while my grand opening is pushed back a bit at my request, I will still have access to the space and more time to prepare for the opening of my doors. I think I'll have a soft opening before the grand opening just to get used to being down there, getting used to the security system, learning about the busy times and deciding on my hours of operation. This works out best for me despite the fact that it's a bit disappointing, but I think the time crunch would put me in a position where I'd find myself biting off more than I can chew and that's not good. I'm happy. I'm relieved. I'll start posting photos of the shop progress starting next week! YAY!